What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pioneer Control Grip Clearance on Aerosport Panel

Hey All, We've purchased the Pioneer Custom Grips from PCG and the Aerosport 310 Panel. Other than the Aerosport Panel bottom edge to clear, we've got a bunch of rocker switches and the most precarious item to clear being the flap switch.

Already planning on cutting the control stick bottom to suck it back and PCG has informed me that the grip is intended to sit on the top of the curved portion, so I understand the grip will stick up approximately 6.5". I'm wondering if there are any other folks on here doing PCGs with the Aerosport Panel and can let me know what else they might have done to create sufficient clearance.

Thanks! -Justin

A couple of things to do... First, you really can't look at the stick travel until the elevator push rod travel has been set up. When you do set up the elevator travel you may have to fabricate a limit stop at the elevator to limit the excess travel. You should also adjust the control push rods so the stick travel is favored towards the rear. In addition, you may have to remove as much of the top straight portion of the stick as possible. In addition, you may have to remove some of the straight horizontal portion at the stick base.

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
Thanks Bill! I've trimmed the base to pull the stick back and, when doing the empennage, had the elevator rigged and had to trim the new SB elevator stop to get the minimum elevator travel. I will have to wait until my seats are in to see how much I can cut off the top of the stick and still have a comfortable grip. I'm curious about your statement "You should also adjust the control push rods so the stick travel is favored towards the rear." I'm not sure I understand how I can bias this.

Thanks again.

Back