What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pin holes

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
Maybe this should be under one of the other lists, but as the 10 has the most composite parts, I would like to place it here.
Everyone has his/her magic fix (I have mine too ;) ) or just battles through it step by step until thay all dissapear! A local 10 builder came up with the idea of painting the roof with a thin layer of gel coat and he reckons this was the best plan so far. Like me he is also a 3rd time builder. Anyone with comments on this - I would really appreciate it.

Gell coat is a very HEAVY way to solve your pin hole problem.

Mine is to get a big tube of spot putty (the Red stuff) and spread it around with a squeege until the part is covered. Remember that if you sand down into the fibreglass, you will just open up more pin holes. I think that's the mistake many people make.

Loehle wonderfill

There is great write up on this product in the last rviator.
I tried it on my 10 and it is the best solution for pinholes I have ever used.
It just does not get any easier.

Pinholes

Just finished painting my RV 8 with Loehle's RV starter kit for the Fiberglass. It covered very well, as advertised wih little work.

Anybody catch the line in the Rvator article about being careful when blowing sanding dust off the part, because you can blow the Wonderfil out of the pinholes?

Anybody catch the line in the Rvator article about being careful when blowing sanding dust off the part, because you can blow the Wonderfil out of the pinholes?

Yes this is true if you are blowing 150+ air pressure and a high volume blower. I use a vacula blower and move my air pressure down to below 60 psi.

Back