What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picture Of Rear Baggage Comp.

briand

Well Known Member
Anyone got a picture of this on a completed RV-8? Do you have to remove the rear seatback to access it or is there some limited access to it without seatback removel? How far foreward does the seatback tilt? How much work is it to remove the cushions?

The rear seat back doesn't have to be removed (I just finished a three-day cross-country and pulled bags in and out several times). The rear seat cushion CAN restrict how much you can tilt the seat forward, but that cushion is easy to reposition a little to open up access (at least on mine - just slide it forward). Velcro on the seat cushion is your friend!

Paul

I fold the rear seat shoulder harnesses and lay them on top of the rear fuselage. I then take the seat cushion (the part you sit on) and put it in the front seat. With that done, the rear seat back will lean forward till it touches the back of the front seat. You can put just about any soft sided luggage in there now.

Karl

Ironflight said:
The rear seat cushion CAN restrict how much you can tilt the seat forward, but that cushion is easy to reposition a little to open up access (at least on mine - just slide it forward). Velcro on the seat cushion is your friend!
It boggles my mind why the seat/upholstery shops aren't building in tapers on the bottom & back ends of the seat cushions so these fold-down setups can actually fold down a bit more. My RV-7 has really comfy & durable seat cushions, but folding the seat backs forward is limited. Yeah, you can just push it fwd and the foam compresses a bit, but it would work better if there were tapers. I'm gonna try to get Classic Aero to build in more of a taper on my RV-8 rear seat cushions when the time comes.

dan said:
I'm gonna try to get Classic Aero to build in more of a taper on my RV-8 rear seat cushions when the time comes.

DID I miss an announcement, or am I just out of the loop (as usual) Dan....you have a new project with the correct seating position in work?!?! :p

I must have missed that as well. I just noticed the new signature tag that says -7 AND -8. When did this happen?

Back