What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picked Up From the Paint Shop!

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
The build if officially completed. Yesterday I picked up my -7 from Cascade Customs and Designs in Bend, Oregon. They did a fantastic job finishing the fiberglass and painting. I flew it home to Joseph, Oregon in some of the bumpiest air I've ever been in but it was still a pleasure.

EDIT: Added 2 overhead views.

Attachments

• right_view.jpg
    right_view.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 368
  • front_view.jpg
    front_view.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 183
  • left_rear_view.jpg
    left_rear_view.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 430
  • RVgrin.jpg
    RVgrin.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 401
  • overhead-_left.jpg
    overhead-_left.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 177
  • overhead_rear.jpg
    overhead_rear.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Wow, that was fast, didn't you just fly it there??? Looks great! I'm still in line..........

Wow, that was fast, didn't you just fly it there??? Looks great! I'm still in line..........

I dropped it off June 1st...so that was within Cascade Customs and Designs estimate of 6 to 8 weeks. For me the wait was agonizing ;)

I was 10 hrs short of being out of phase 1 but my op limits allowed me to fly to Bend from Joseph. My ops limits flight restrictions were typical except for that piece.

I like the checkerboard pattern on the bottom of the flaps. Nice detail. Is that carried all the way through to the aileron, too? Vans logo on the tail is pretty classy, too. Did the paint shop have that design or did you have to draw it?

I like the checkerboard pattern on the bottom of the flaps. Nice detail. Is that carried all the way through to the aileron, too? Vans logo on the tail is pretty classy, too. Did the paint shop have that design or did you have to draw it?

The checkerboard is on the flaps but not on the ailerons.

I got official permission to use the logo from Greg Hughes at Vans and Evoke provided the graphics to Cascade Customs and Designs.

Added these 2 overhead views..

Attachments

• overhead-_left.jpg
    overhead-_left.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 92
  • overhead_rear.jpg
    overhead_rear.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 57
A+

That's a really really nice looking airplane! The paint scheme and colors look just right, everything is balanced and nothing is too much, it complements the lines of the airframe very well.
How did you go about coming up with the scheme and colors?

That's a really really nice looking airplane! The paint scheme and colors look just right, everything is balanced and nothing is too much, it complements the lines of the airframe very well.
How did you go about coming up with the scheme and colors?

I started the ball rolling with a photoshopped version that was basically red on top and white on bottom. Cascade Customs and Designs (the painters) uses Evoke Aviation for their design work. We went back and forth about 6 time to come up with the final design. This hardly looks like my original photoshopped version at all. I’m extremely pleased with the design. I picked the colors from swatches when I delivered the -7 to CCD. CCD did an incredible job, not only on applying the paint but in all the prep work. My fiberglass left something to be desired but they turned it into perfection :D
It was worth every penny!

Would you know what specific color names were used? What paint manufacturer (i.e. Sherwin Williams JETGLO, SKYSCAPES or PPG, etc.)? Thank you!

Would you know what specific color names were used? What paint manufacturer (i.e. Sherwin Williams JETGLO, SKYSCAPES or PPG, etc.)? Thank you!

Steven at Cascade Customs and Designs in Bend, OR will have that info. 541 460-3554. Just ask him about the red RV-7….he’s been getting lots of requests since he painted my -7.
I never did ask about the color # or paint manufacture…maybe I should.

Sorry about the full inbox, just deleted a bunch of old messages.

Michael,
Shameless hijack! :), Steve and Brian at CCD in Bend OR just finished mine a couple weeks ago and did a great job!

53337370454_30f0d35b97_z.jpg

53345718529_c72b0e308f_z.jpg

53345720424_e62f522dfb_z.jpg

Looks great! CCD are true artist.

Back