What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Photos of RAC-POS 12 Installed

RVRC

Well Known Member
Does anyone have photos they would share of the installed RAC-POS 12 position sensor for flaps on a 7 or 9? I am planning on installing one to use with a VP-X ECB. I have read the installation info from VP, but not sure where they are talking about installing the RAC.

Thanks,

Here is what I did. I used a model airplane clevis with threaded rod. The lower end of the POS 12 sensor needs to be set off of the wall at an angle. I saw another installation where the POS12 floated. The upper end was hinged. If I were to do it again, I might try the hinge.

FP01092007A0001T.jpg

FP01092007A0001U.jpg

Last edited:
Different detail.

I installed mine (RV7A) at the fuselage wall. Photo shows details. The sensor is attached to a length of angle that is hinged at the top. There is also a piece of hinge at the bottom to act a guide for the push/pull rod. This design assures that there are no eccentric forces on the sliding arm of the actuator. The sliding arm of the actuator is actually quite flimsy and I doubt it would like eccentric forces acting on it for any length of time. By "eccentric forces" I mean any forces that are not acting in direct line with the natural direction of the actuator arm as it slides in and out of its housing.

Thanks Brantel and Bob

I appreciate your input and photos. This site is the best! Y'all have really helped. :)

Back