What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Performance Numbers? 4 cylinders

float208

Well Known Member
Its been years since I ran anything in the 4 cylinder arena, can a few of you share what your cruise numbers are typically? Example? 2400, 24", EGT, CHT, and where your EGT typically peaks? Thanks, everything I have sat behind the last 7 years was either Turbine, or Turbo'd big 6's? Everything is running great, I just have nothing to compare to...

Chris

Chris, good idea. A lot of EFIS/EMS systems in the fleet now, so maybe the gang will post downloads.

Minor note; there is no typical EGT peak value (in degrees) transferable to another airplane. Too many installation variables, even between cylinders on the same engine. The fuel injection clan tries to balance restrictors so all four cylinders peak within a 0.2 GPH range (believe GAMI says 0.5 for the Continental 6's), but the actual temperature value doesn't matter very much.

I posted some values a few days ago. Mine is an -8 with a 390, and my cowl and baffles are not a stock RV configuration. Airspeed is indicated, so true is about 188 knots:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=515624&postcount=48

Last edited:
Back