What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PC680 screw size

mgomez

Well Known Member
Hi,

Does anybody know the metric screw size for the Odyssey PC680? I'm not in my shop and want to buy the appropriate size screw. The data sheet I found online says M6, but that sounds mighty big to me.

Thanks for your help!

Martin

1/2 inch

Mine was down in the shop, I measured it and it is 1/2 inch maybe a smidgen less, probably a metric equivalent to 1/2 inch. This holds the lug just fine.

M6 - OK. So now how long of a bolt for proper tighting without bottoming out?

Last edited:
Yes, and you will need a 10mm wrench at your hangar. That is the only metric tool in my hangar.

I so hate having to have both English and metric tools to work on something. So far, I've identified the following metric things: battery, the little bitty screws and nuts for the Andair fuel valve and fuel pump, and IIRC, one of the bolts on the starter (? at work, don't remember now). Grrrrrr...

It's bad enough that engine hardware is NC, not NF. LOL...

I cheated!!

I drilled and tapped the battery 1/4-28, much more sanitary! Actually fits the ring terminal correctly and the best part..... No metric tools required:cool:

I bought 6mm socket head screws and a 6mm allen wrench from the local Ace hardware. I drilled a hole in the battery clamp and keep the allen wrench mounted there, held in place with rubber tubing. That way it is always ready for use and I don't have a single metric wrench or socket rattling around in my tool box.

John Ciolino
RV-8
N894Y

Back