What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parts - what to order

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
We have all the parts listed on the standard order forms. We know we need the FF kit and possibly the basic wiring kit. Is there a list someone can send me showing what else we need besides the custom stuff like instruments.

For example I cannot work out in what kit you get the battery and battery box?

Thanks!

There is no one standard answer to you question, since there are many options to choose from depending on your preferences and how much you have in your wallet.

I would highly recommend reading Tim Olson's web site. Besides seeing a very well documented build process, Tim has done a great job of documenting a large number of options and customizations to the RV-10. Also, as a RV-10 builder, I would also recommend registering on Tim's site as well. You'll have access to more RV-10 specific resources when you do.

If you really want to go to the extreme, Check out Deems Davis's web site. I don't think there is an option or customization for the RV-10 that Deems hasn't installed.

While these are just two examples, there are many other excellent web sites out there. Unfortunately, you aren't going to find a list of mandatory or recommended updates and/or upgrades.

You need to buy your own nav lights and antennas. The battery has already been mentioned but the battery relay is an extra item, as well. Also, static ports and tubing. The list goes on....
John

Thanks so far guys - maybe I should add that I have already built two RV7A's and do know what you mean by "not a standard answer". So let me re-phrase my question - Is there someone out there who has finished his RV10 and has a list/spreadsheet of what he has ordered besides the standard QB kits and sub kits from Van's? You can e-mail it to jan"at"tilt-tech.co.za

Much appreciated. :)

Back