What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parts missing from new fuse kit

vmirv8bldr

Well Known Member
So there I was yesterday searching and searching for the third F-814HPPX. I had two, but DWG 65 clearly says I need three.

Eventually, I checked the inventory sheet that came with the Fuse kit. Nope, only two on there. I called Vans and the third is on the way, no problem at all.

Just a note to any other builders searching for a part in the fuse kit. Give it a good look, then check the pick list (inventory sheet) and verify you it was sent. Don't waste three or fours hours racking your brain.

FYI, they do have your pick list saved in your account name, so they can check it and verify what was / was not shipped to you. So, no free replacement pieces.

Missing

I was told by Vans that some of the early kits were shipped without this part. Also the flat bar material that makes up the spacer between the aft spaer attach bars on the seat rib sub-assembly. Can't remember the part number of hand...

vmirv8bldr said:
....I had two, but DWG 65 clearly says I need three.....
That was the only part missing from my standard kit shipped in March. Three are needed, yet only two were shipped. Van's immediately sent one out.

boone200705220cy8.jpg

missing parts

I also only had two of those seat belt parts with my new fuse kit - delivered in Feb. Rather than wait 1 1/2 weeks for a part from Van's, I just made one in about 20 minutes - easy to do with a flat piece like that. I have the entire fuselage drilled and clecoed together (when do I get to rivet???), and so far all the other pieces are there.

Back