What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parts availability

N29945

Question
Since there will likely be some difficulties acquiring parts from Vans in the future, is it possible to create a list of parts manufacturing venders, who build the parts that Vans has provided in the past? Examples would be Veterman exhaust systems, I also think a smaller company built the steps, there a probably many that were built for Vans, I think most Vans owners would like to have resources for parts support that may be missing for some period of time.

Jim Skinner
RV 6A in the hangar
RV 6 sadly sold

Question
Since there will likely be some difficulties acquiring parts from Vans in the future, is it possible to create a list of parts manufacturing venders, who build the parts that Vans has provided in the past? Examples would be Veterman exhaust systems, I also think a smaller company built the steps, there a probably many that were built for Vans, I think most Vans owners would like to have resources for parts support that may be missing for some period of time.

Jim Skinner
RV 6A in the hangar
RV 6 sadly sold

Many of the vendors have agreements with Van's to not sell direct at a lower price. Last I heard, Van's was making exhaust systems in house. Engine mounts came in welded but still needed match drilled to the gear in house or at another vendor. Welded parts were sent out for powder coating or done in house. IF you get a part from a vendor, there may be one or more steps that still are not done.

IF the part was designed by Van's, expect to only get it from Van's. IF it is a part designed outside Van's, then more likely may be able to be purchased from another source.

Back