What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part size request - Finish kit

az_gila

Well Known Member
RV-7 guys....

I'm upgrading parts of my RV-6A as I'm building it, and would like to use the RV-7 parts for the control mount and the cable mount.

My preview plans give drilling dimensions, but don't give the part size or material thickness.

The two parts are F-746 FWD and F-746 AFT.

They are just custom bent angles... could someone please measure them for overall size and thickness? I'll just make my own...

thanks gil A

Gil-

I've built a custom panel and I tore up the F-746 AFT to use for something else but I'm pretty sure they both began life as identical items made of a .040, 9.5" X 3" piece bent into a 1" X 2" X 9.5" angle (that's measured off of my -FWD piece).

Van's only lists an F-746 (no fwd or aft) so I think I'm right that they start the same.

Hope this helps.

F-746

Hi Gil,

I was just working on this last night.

The F-746 AFT and FWD parts are identical. The parts aren't labeled with the AFT and FWD names, for that matter.

Looks to be made from AS 9-1/2" x 3" x 040. There is an 83 deg bend along the width of the part. The 3" measure is approx but should be pretty close.

Yep that's all they are. The 83 deg bend (82 actually) is to take out the 8 deg angle the panel sit's at in the 7. Don't know what the 6 panel angle is, just adjust the bend to match.

Larry

Thanks!

Thanks guys.... sounds easy enough to make if I can rustle up some 0.040 stock...:)

The -6 also has an 8 degree panel, but the construction of the sub-panel is completely different... but a few degrees will be easy to adjust...

...thanks again... gil A

Back