What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part number for K&N filter used in Rod Bower ram air system

The part is different

Call Jimmy - He makes the stuff now, so he MIGHT tell you the right P/N.

512-429-0230

K&N Filter

Im looking for the filter that Rod used for a forward facing induction io-360, not having any luck finding a part number. The rocket pn is not the right size for mine. My filter is 6 1/2 tall, 4 1/2 forward opening, 5 3/8 opening at the throttle body.

Im looking for the filter that Rod used for a forward facing induction io-360, not having any luck finding a part number. The rocket pn is not the right size for mine. My filter is 6 1/2 tall, 4 1/2 forward opening, 5 3/8 opening at the throttle body.

If u don’t get the p/n here I’ll advise tomorrow after I go to the hangar - I have the same setup as you.

A Little Clarification

These are K&N's dimensional descriptions:

Mounting Flange Inside Diameter:

Filter Base Diameter:

Filter Top Diameter:
Note here - The filter comes with a closed in top, Rod cuts out the center, inside the pleats to provide a mounting "ring" for his Ram Air Valve.

Filter Length: (does not include mounting flange length)

Flange Length:

With these measurements, and the K&N catalog, you should be able to pick out a replacement.

HFS

As promised - it’s K&N RU2520 😉

Specs for RU 2520

Not sure if these meet the dimensions from the op's original post -

Mounting Flange Inside Diameter: 4"

Filter Base Diameter: 5 3/8"

Filter Top Diameter: 4 3/8"

Filter Length: 5"

Flange Length: 5/8"

HFS

Option to K&N

I've become less enamored with K&N over the years. Has anyone replaced the K&N filter in their Rod Bower filter system with a traditional filter?

Back