What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part list for AFP pump installation in a -7??

robjohnson

Well Known Member
I tried searching this site, as well as Van's online catalog, but I can't seem to find this. I am getting the AFP high pressure boost pump with my engine, and I am not sure what Van's parts to get for the mounting plate, covers, etc. Does anyone have these handy???

Thanks!

Rob

Here you go

I bought Van's installation kit for RV-7/7A including pump and filter (Part Number = 7/7A F.I. PUMP INSTAL) about a year ago. The parts list that came with that is:

1.000 BAG 605 ---------------- F.I. INST HARDWARE
3.000 AT0-035X3/8X18 -------- SOFT ALUM TUBE
1.000 RUBBER CHANNEL X 1 ---- RUBBER CHANNEL X 10
1.000 ES AIRFLOW FILTER ----- AIRFLOW FUEL FILTER
1.000 ES AIRFLOW FUEL PU ---- AIRFLOW FUEL PUMP
1.000 F-7115A ---------------- FUEL PUMP BRACKET
1.000 F-7115B-L -------------- FUEL PUMP SIDE COVER
1.000 F-7115B-R -------------- FUEL PUMP SIDE COVER
1.000 F-7155C ---------------- FUEL PUMP TOP COVER
1.000 DOC F.I.INSTALL IN ----- OP-21 AND TEXT

If I were you though, I'd call Van's and just ask them for the kit minus the fuel pump. They should be able to do that for you, and that way you'll be sure you're getting all the right stuff.

P.S. the "fuel pump" item in the kit is actually a complete assembly from Airflow Performance that includes the actual pump, a manifold, a bypass check valve, a pressure regulator valve, and some fittings and tubing. If you're getting the pump with your engine, you should make sure you're actually getting this entire assembly, not just the actual pump. Otherwise, there's more stuff you need to get that Van's probably doesn't sell individually.

Good luck
-Roee

Bob Collins said:
Buy extra tubing!!!

Extra tubing is for sissies! Real men can get it right the first time. ;)

Just kidding. Buy lots of extra tubing.

-Roee

Thanks guys!

Hey thanks, guys! I appreciate the parts list and advice. Engine should be here sometime next week, so I will know what I have as far as the pump details then. I guess if it doesn't have all of the parts, from a pump perspective, that the Van's kit has, I can return it and get the kit from Van's.

Thanks again,

Rob

Back