What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel Lettering

Rolly9

Looking for guidance on Panel Lettering. Is there ready-made stuff that peels and stick? Computer generatedmaybe?
Rolly

Spruce has a few different types. I ordered these today.

1.00 of 01-37800 PANEL MARK SETS HOMEBUILDERS
1.00 of 09-34700 DRY TRANSFER SET WHITE - LARGE

I made full page decal sheets, using Avery full sheet label #8665 and my ink jet printer. Sprayed a clear coat "shake can" sealer over these sheets & let them dry over night.

Best method is to use the fonts you want, and then put a border totally around the label to cut to. Mine have been stuck to the panel for four years now.

You can even do some "fix it" tricks with these labels. I had to replace the Cessna type alt/battery switch & scratched the panel around the switch, when I pulled it out. I made a new slightly larger alt/battery decal which surrounds the switch, and filled it with grey color to match the panel.

Panel Labels

I have used the computer method at home and after 285 hours over the last 18 months, they look as good as new!
I didn't think about the sealing method mentioned in the previous post, thanks, if I have to replace or add any, I'll try that out.

P-touch machine labels

I bought a P-Touch machine (at Staples or Office max) to use as my wiring labels. I also used them for labels in the cockpit. With the finish coat applied, I roughed up the area around switches to accept the clear coat. Then I printed out black lettering on clear label stock wtih the P touch machine. Then I sprayed clear coat over the whole panel.

Art

Back