What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel Help

vinodwahi

Hey everybody :cool:,

these days I?m quite confused concerning my panel plannings.
As I?m building the RV9a with the tip-up canopy, I don?t have as much space in the canopy as with sliding option because on the left and right side of the panel there are two holes each side, which supply the frame behind it.
The problem is, that I have bought the Dynon Efis 120 and the Motorscreen both 7inch wide. It?ll be wonderfull if they fit straight in front of the pilot?s/copilot?s view, but -DOH- the two mentioned holes are in between...

Any solutions (except for fitting the avionics to the side)?

And by the way, actually my main question:
How did you plan the panel? Including all Plugs, Avionics and Instruments?`
I have a general idea how it should like in the end, but yet I do not exactly know how to realise it...

Thanks in advance!
Vini

Vini, If you are talking about the 2 panel supports that go to the sub-panel, they can be moved left or right, or even cut out to provide clearance for your EFIS. They are not structural except for supporting the panel itself. Just use a little common sense and you'll be fine.

Vini,

The ribs can be moved left or right, allowing you to center your EFIS and EMS in front of the pilot and passenger. Do a search on "panel rib" and you will find more info than you need.

For panel planning I started out with epanelbuilder.com and then made a mockup using paper cut outs on the actual panel. This final step let me check the spacing of switches, instruments, etc.

I put that mockup in front of my weight machine and looked at it every time I worked out. I changed things around a good bit before finalizing it.

Best of luck!

Back