What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel construction

rwarre

Well Known Member
I have an oversized blank panel for my rv6 tip up. I am about ready to cut it to size but thought there might be some advice from the group. Also has anyone made the attach strip that is made from ,063 angle and is bent to match the curve of the panel?

I have an oversized blank panel for my rv6 tip up. I am about ready to cut it to size but thought there might be some advice from the group. Also has anyone made the attach strip that is made from ,063 angle and is bent to match the curve of the panel?
I built a second panel for my RV-6A tip up a year ago (to put in Dynon HDX system) and just followed the plans. Cut and notched the angle and had no problems. Did the same on my Rv-6 tip up and they fit fine.
I did have the cross bar on the canopy hit the panel angle top brace in a couple of place but was easily solved by filing it down a bit.
Just be accurate on your cutting and filing and you will be fine.
As a side note because of the Dynon system I had to remove the panel supports and install some bottom and top braces to hole it in place.
Oh ya I also installed SDS EM-5F fuel injection and ignition system also, so needed space to mount the CPU's
Measure twice before cutting. Maybe more.
My luck varies Fixit

Back