What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Schemes & Colors

garrys

I'm about at the point where I need to start thinking about paint schemes, colors, stripes, etc. for my RV 7A. Can anyone direct me to some web sites where I can look at what others have done with their RV's? I'm sure if I see enough photos I can find something that I like and can give to my painter. Thanks.
Garry Stout
Odessa Florida

P.S. Does anyone know of a painter that they can highly recommend in the west central Florida area?

Go to Google and search for RV-X pics. One of the first links will be for www1.airliners.net. Follow that link--for RV-4s and -8s there are about 100 good quality pics each. Plus google images will give you a lot to look at.

Mike

Georgia

Hi Garry,
There is a great RV painter in Sandersville, Ga (OKZ) named Lee Strickland who has painted many RV's including this one. His day phone is 478 552 771.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Regards,

I'm in the same boat as you. What I have done is look at all the ads in Trade-A-Wreck and Barnstormers for RV's and check out all the different schemes there.

One suggestion that I would shoot your way.....Do what I have done and don't show any of your fellow airport bums your scheme until you get it back from the shop. Otherwise you will get "what the heck are you doin' usin' THAT color??!", or "It would look better if you.....". Better not to get too confused with the process!

Regards,

Paint Job Renderings

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I do a lot of renderings for my customers, In my down time i could do a rendering for you if you would like.
let me know, here is one i did for an RV7 i painted a few months back
Painter John
N267RVRendering.jpg

John, that's looking great! Could you do one for my RV4, too?? The basic colours you gave that 7 are the ones I thought about (red/grey or black/white or maybe silver and blue or maybe....). Cheers from Germany, Dirk

Last edited:
painterjohn location?

Painterjohn, are you at Kittyhill? I'm at 40xs and may want to talk to you down the road. Nice rv7!

jeff h

Yep im at the Kitty Hill International Airport LOL, come by sometime, im 2 doors away from Sills Aviation on the south side.

rv8r said:
John, that's looking great! Could you do one for my RV4, too?? The basic colours you gave that 7 are the ones I thought about (red/grey or black/white or maybe silver and blue or maybe....). Cheers from Germany, Dirk
Dirk, i would be happy to do one for you. Gotta warn ya tho, when i painted that 7 the Red was almost 8 hundred bucks a gallon!!! Thank god it didnt have more red on it LOL. but it did bring home a bronze lindy this year....
Drop me an email with the basic idea you have for your plane now, and ill scribble on it.
Take care
John

Back