What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint design

gblwy

Well Known Member
Has anyone ued a software application to visualise paint design schemes? if so what did you use and how?

Thanks...Keith

I've been using Model Airplane Color Design. http://www.airplanecolor.com/

It works good for visualizing the basic design. You can rotate the model 360deg to see any angle. I think it cost about $15. A demo model is available for free so you can play with teh program before you buy.

Greg
RV-7A

Hi,

Sent a short question about when or if they would have a RV-12 template and got the following positive response from the owner:

Yes, we have plans to add the RV-12 model to our lineup. The number of requests for the RV-12 keeps growing all the time. It looks like it?s going to be another winner for Van?s Aircraft.

We are currently looking for some 3-view drawings of the RV-12. We need accurate drawings to construct the 3D model. We?re also searching for photos of completed RV-12?s. We need lots of photos. Once we have these, we can start making the RV-12 model.

We estimate it will take a few months to complete the RV-12 program.

Thanks,

William

I will send him the three view drawing, it would be nice if anyone else could send him finished aircraft pictures at:

William Busto <[email protected]>

Best regards,
Vern

Who Needs Software?

Who needs fancy software. All you need is some sharp scissors, loads of masking tape and some coloured stuff!

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

We used hot-air balloon fabric, but I then work in a balloon factory so I have access to loads of that. Coloured paper would work just as well.

Dave

Back