What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint color match - AKZO AHS-1619 Matterhorn White

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
My plane was painted with AKZO Matterhorn White as one of the colors. I confirmed with the painter that it is AKZO AHS-1619, and online the gallon kit is AHS-G-1619. The item number is #715317.

I am wanting to touch up on the belly after installing the SB 18-09-17 plate on the bottom.

The website https://www.crosslinkpaints.com/ ships a ton of different colors, but I can't find anything that is a cross-match with the data I have. Can anyone help that knows more than I do about it? It wouldn't have to be perfect, but not way different either.

I stumbled onto this too:
Everything seems to match. Only problem is it is a brush-on kit. The location is underneath, so brushing may indeed be easier to control than spraying, and meet the protection criteria even if it isn't the prettiest thing. No overspray either....

Are you still in Colorado Springs? If so, the is a AkzoNobel aviation paint dealer in town. I can get you their number tomorrow at work.

Yeah, that would be helpful. Awlgrip = Alumigrip evidently. It would be awesome if I could find a spray can from Crosslink in the right color but that seems a longshot at the moment.

Someone on this forum said this "Chrysler Bright White part number ACC0362 is a perfect match to my Matterhorn White". I have since tried the match and it seems as a perfect match so I went to an automotive paint store and had them make up a spray can of this paint. Works great and BTW some of the paint stores can match odd colors as well and put it in spray cans, good for touch up by spraying a small amount into a cup and using a brush for little stuff. Some paint stores are better at this than others so you might ask around?

Many brands have a paint called Matterhorn White. They all vary slightly. The best chance for a close to perfect match is with the same brand and system as the original paint. With Matterhorn being the most used color in aviation your chances of matching are very high.

Back