What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pages 25-05 and 25-06 Revisions

Jamesey

Well Known Member
Revisions to above pages posted on the mothership site dealing with sealing the rear window. The issue with the landing gear/channel has not been finally cleared but is that a skin doubler I see on page 25-06??

There was already a hint given to the doubler in the landing gear analysis pdf. My RV-12 is ready for paint but I wait now until the doublers and the final fix for the gear is available.

Revisions to above pages posted on the mothership site dealing with sealing the rear window. The issue with the landing gear/channel has not been finally cleared but is that a skin doubler I see on page 25-06??

Looks like two doublers - the main one and a narrow one at the bottom.

So the question is: will this become an SB or simply a revision? For those with no problem I would hope for the latter.

It will be issued as a S.B., but since you are experimental, it will be totally up to you whether you make the change or not.

Scott, any idea how long it will take before the parts become available?

No I don't know, but a huge amount of the engineering departments resources have been working on this since SB 12-09-2 was issued, so it hopefully wont be too much longer.

Hey Scott (or anyone)

This is probably a silly question, but can you confirm that the instruction in the October 12 engineering update to drill out 60-70 rivets applies to BOTH sides of the fuselage? (In other words, is there a doubler on each side?)

http://vansaircraft.com/images/open/RV-12 landing_gear_update10-12.pdf

Just want to make darn sure before I start drilling.

Thanks

Yes, it applies to both sides.
Personally, my suggestion would be to wait until the fully developed service bulletin comes out before you remove rivets. The primary reason being that it will include info for removing blind rivets without damaging the existing holes.

Back