What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 49-02 Radiator Hose Assemblies (Again)

Catbird

Well Known Member
I've searched this forum for previous messages pertaining to the Radiator Hose Assemblies on Page 49-02, and have found some good information. But as usual) I still have a question.

The two hose sections are cut to 30" and 20" in length. Each spring is approximately 24" long (guessing) which means one spring must be cut short to fit inside the 20" hose. I understand that. My question is on the 30" hose and spring assembly. The spring is considerably shorter than the 30" hose. Should I shove the short cut-off spring section from the other hose assembly into the 30" hose to have full internal support for the entire length of the hose, or just leave that section of hose unsupported?

Thanks, Joe. Reading ahead a little, it makes sense. Step 4 on Page 49-05 says, "Install the FF-1208A Radiator Hose - Input (the end farthest from the spring) and FF-1208B Radiator Hose - Output to the EA RV-12 RADIATOR EGW Heat Exchanger using clamps as shown in Figure 1."

Figure 1 shows a relatively straight section of FF-1208A near the radiator connection. Apparently, this straight section doesn't need internal spring support as much as the curved section.

OK, now I understand. Thanks!

Back