What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 46-12

Keith Williams

Well Known Member
On this page the plans (Fig.2) show wires J48 - White/Blue and J49 - Blue for the Ignition. In my harness there are two wires with the proper connectors but they are numbered J762 and J763 and both are white.

Called Van's and found that the ignition wires go as follows: Ignition A - pin 24; and Ignition B - pin 25 of the connector under the panel. Checked with multimeter and found that J763 is from pin 24 (Ignition A) and J762 is from pin 25 (Ignition B).

So I have used the connector to join J763 to J153 for Ignition A and J762 to J152 for Ignition B.

The person at Van's did not seem to know why the difference but did tell me the pin assignments which is what I needed.

Keith Williams

P.S. Dave Schmetterling - you guessed right, and thanks for the heads up in your blog.......I just had to check.

Thanks for the info. I called Vans and was told to just hook them up, it didn't matter if they were switched up. I didn't take that advice, I wanted to know which was a and which was b. So now I can make that connection, thats one more step forward as I wait for skyview.

Back