What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 40-10: Pro-Sealing wingtip light fairings

AeroDog

Well Known Member
Friend
The final step in attaching the fiberglass fairings to the wingtip involves smearing a bead of Pro-Seal around the lower flange of the extension and clecoing it in place. No mention is made of sealing the vertical interface between the hardened flox/epoxy and the wingtip. Surly this interface has to be sealed against water intrusion. It also occurs to me that any water which seeps into the fairing is trapped there. Should there be a weep hole?

Also, is there any reason the a 5-position molex connector housing is used when there are but four wires?

Thanks,

Jerre

It is not specified for the top portion because that is mold to a net fit to the wing tip bow with flox. Nothing wrong with add sealant there as long as it is a thin coating so that it doesn't displace the position of the light fairing.

The Molex connector is what Aeroled supplies. Not sure why it has an extra pin positon.

Interesting since I am working on that as well. I have not yet done the pro seal stuff on it for some of the same reasons. I am considering using some other type sealant, on the entire mating surface

Back