What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 35-03, step 3, missing bolts

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I started to bolt the axles to the gear legs today, went to bag 2767-1 for the 8 bolts, AN4-16a. Lots of AN4 bolts in there, but not even one AN4-16a as called for. Did anyone else find these bolts missing? It would have been impossible to have used them somewhere else, and I am near enough to the end of build I even looked at ALL remaining bags, no such bolts, did I get shorted or is there a misprint of bolt nomenclature..

It gets worse!

So, trying to work ahead while waiting for axle bolts, I decided I could attach the flaperons to the wing, so as to be ready when the fuse was up on wheels. You guessed it, it takes four of one bolt and two of another, NONE of them were in the kit! I either have a wife stealing my bolts, or I got a "Monday Morning Kit".

Missing bolts! Oh Where art thou!

Its a good thing you did that inventory so you would have everything right where you can find them. :eek:

I got discouraged and gave up with counting when I reached 12,150 LP4-3 rivets. Should have stuck with it longer I guess.

Thanks, misery loves company. I am not angry with Vans, there are a lot of pieces to put in the kit, and I think they have done a great job. I am more aggravated with myself, as I learned long ago to "look ahead" and lay out parts needed for next weeks work. I had failed to do this on the landing gear and flaperons..

I inventoried all the bags and split up all the different bolts/washers/rivets in the bags....then just put the baggies of separated items back in the correct bag from van's for reference. Oh, well it was a learning experience. Now to just finish sanding and filling this canopy fairing. then wait for the skyview and re-work some of that wiring :)

Back