What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 34-12 Step 1 Guide Block Holes

BigJohn

Well Known Member
Figure 1 calls for 3/8" from the side of the block to the center of the holes. But the block is only 1/2 wide and this would place the holes way to close to the edge. Besides that, the drawings all seem to show the holes centered on the block. I think the 3/8" specification on Figure 1 is wrong. This is from Revision 1 dated 8/24/09 which I think is the current drawing. I am going to center the holes. Anybody else notice this?

Mistake on Page 34-12 Step 1 Guide Block Holes

Good catch John. You found a mistake in the plans. I centered the holes too and did not notice the 3/8" dimension at the time.
Joe

OK, that answers the question about the 3/8 inch measurement that looked so wrong, but now lets talk part numbers. My plans call for 2ea C1212 Guide Blocks. Could not find any C1212 in the listing, did find a C1207 guide block, two are supposed to be in bag 2794-1. Problem is, there is only one in there. Its dimensiions are identical to the called for C1212. I don't know if I should order a C1212 or a C1207 from Vans! Maybe one of each will cover me.:D

Don,
Two of C-1212 are used on page 34-12.
Two of C-1207 are used on page 34-08.
C-1207 has a slot cut into it by the factory.
Joe Gores

OK, that is helpful, I used them up already! So what bag were the C1212 supposed to be in then? It has been a long day, but I see no C1212 listed anywhere on the bag sheets.

Back