What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 31B-11

Nautique

I sent the following note to Vans Technical support

On page 31B-11 step 3 the instructions say to locate 3 wires. I am not able to find a wire that is GRY/PRP (WH-F395 GPS Data Out Wire). None of the wires in the WH-00046 bundle are GRY/PRP. After I routed all of the wires in bundle WH-00046 I have one white wire that is left over and about the right length to be WH-F395. The wire is a small coax type wire. Would this be the GPS Data Out Wire?

Vans response was

Wires that don't conform to color codes should be clearly labeled with numbers.

Unfortunately, I rechecked this wire and there is no label and no color. Can anyone check and see it the GPS Data out wire is a coax type wire.

Indecently, I had a similar situation with the GRY/PRP wire in the WH-00045 bundle. It was a white unmarked wire also

My RV-12 has the original Dynon D-180. The wire from the GPS to the ELT is a white coax. That wire is also connected to the SL40 pin 10 and to the Dynon RS-232 Input.
You said, "
Indecently, I had a similar situation
You must have meant incidentally, not indecently. There is not much room in an RV-12 to do anything indecently. :D
Joe Gores

You said, "
You must have meant incidentally, not indecently. There is not much room in an RV-12 to do anything indecently. :D
Joe Gores[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Joe has an open can of worms!

My recently-received WH-00046 harness appears to be configured like yours -- my F395 GPS Data Out wire is all WHITE (with a yellow shrink-on label marked F395 at the aft end). It is a long WHITE wire extending back into the baggage area. This WHITE wire is not color-coded per the plans, but it does have the F395 label on it.

On my harness, the WH-Q428 (ORN/BRN) Fuel Level wire was cut (by Stein?) about 4 feet too short -- it doesn't reach its assigned fuel sensor area. I have an email into Van's to get a 4-foot piece of wire and a splice connector. -- David

My recently-received WH-00046 harness appears to be configured like yours -- my F395 GPS Data Out wire is all WHITE (with a yellow shrink-on label marked F395 at the aft end). It is a long WHITE wire extending back into the baggage area. This WHITE wire is not color-coded per the plans, but it does have the F395 label on it.

On my harness, the WH-Q428 (ORN/BRN) Fuel Level wire was cut (by Stein?) about 4 feet too short -- it doesn't reach its assigned fuel sensor area. I have an email into Van's to get a 4-foot piece of wire and a splice connector. -- David

I had the exact same thing...labeled wire (vice colored coded) and a short fuel sender wire as well. I spoke to the tech guys and am going to splice it in the fore/aft tray (just in case)

Back