What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 31B-04

jeterjim

Instructions tell you to insert wire into 37pin d-sub connector. I assume you have to attach a pin to the end of the wire. I can't find any end pins that look like the ones in the d-sub connector. Any ideas????

D-sub pins

I don't have that particular plans page on hand but since you say it is a D-sub connector then here is a picture of the D-sub pins and tools to crimp them and insert/remove them from a D-sub:
P1040160-L.jpg

You should normally not need these as the RV-12 harnesses come with pins installed, however it is possible a pin could be pulled or broken off the wire end. Best bet might be to contact another local homebuilder or EAAer and borrow the crimper and a pin from them. Otherwise, you can buy the male or female pins and tools from Stein Air (they make the Vans harnesses) or another electronics supplier. The pins need to be mil-spec and not from the mall radio store. The crimper costs about $30 and the pins are fairly expensive also, but it is nice to have these parts on hand during the build.
Hope this answers the question.

Tony

Thanks, I called Van's. The pins were suppose to be on the end of the wire.
They are sending me some and I will buy the tool to connect them. Thanks for the reply.

Back