What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 23-03: When are these rivets installed?

ravenstar

Well Known Member
In September, 2022, Van's updated the instructions for step 4 on page 23iS/U-03 (installing the F-01205C-1) to indicate that two rivets should not be installed. I'm mystified by this change. I can't find anything that will be installed in this area in the plans and I don't see where those rivets are eventually installed. It looks like once the fuel tank is installed those rivets will be difficult to reach. It also looks like only the two rivets on the left side of the part are omitted, and this asymmetry is also bothering me.

Can anyone shed any light on whether the omission should be applied to both sides of the F-01205C-1 and where these rivets are ultimately installed?

Thanks!

You got me. I figured there was a reason somewhere down the line.

I left them out on both sides even though they don’t necessarily tell you to.

Easy to add them later up until the tank is bolted in for good so I just left them out.

Surely someone will fill us in.

That's for the fuel sender wiring - see 42MiS/U-23 step 1.

(I had the same question when I added those plans updates _after_ having finished section 23. Went ahead and drilled them out, to do future-me a favor.)

That's for the fuel sender wiring - see 42MiS/U-23 step 1.

(I had the same question when I added those plans updates _after_ having finished section 23. Went ahead and drilled them out, to do future-me a favor.)

Excellent, thank you very much!

Back