What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 22-04 Fuel Flow meter

redrv6

Plans say kit is supplied with either FT-60 or Flo-Scan meter. The mounting bracket is assembled differently for each model.

Why the 2 models?

I have FT-60. Will it be compatible with Skyview? I haven't ordered my avionics kit yet.

Cheers
Shirley

Hello Shirley,

The FT-60 and the flow scan are compatible with Dynon Skyview.
I believe they have the two models to let people chose the one they think the most reliable and/or the most accurate.
To have any other informations concerning the Skyview system, you can also download the Skyview installation guide on the Dynon website. It is very complete and will help you a lot in understanding how it is wired.

Hope this will help you,

Have a good day

I don't think it is about choice, Vans sent me the one THEY picked out, with no option of choosing one or the other. Not knowing beans about either of them, it would have been an uninformed decision anyway.

Dynon does not sell FloScan with their systems anymore. In fact, other than EBay, I think MGL is the only place you can get one. I know all this because mine died after 300 hours. I performed all the CPR I was aware of and eventually just turned it off. It has a small ferris wheel inside that apparently doesn't rotate anymore or the pick-up light is a goner. All the same, the cheapest available is $200 and its not worth that for something we flew for years without. Lot of money for a gimmick.

Flomaster

Our Flo Master indicates about a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 gph, but on our trip to Sun n Fun, we averaged about 4 gph.

Meade and George
N612RV

Back