What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 21-06 question

KALEWIS

Well Known Member
Ref the optional K1000-08 nutplates (page 21-06) that can be installed on the fuse bottom skin. I am guessing it is for an antenna mount?? Does this need completed now or can this be accomplished later. I am also going to guess it will be EASIER now.

My 21-06 (rev. 1) does not show this option... and my antenna is mounted via screws and hex nuts on 42-10 rev. 0

-Ron

Ours shows the same thing! We installed the nutplates because I imagine it'll be much tougher to do with it on the plane. Do it now! It seems like the nutplates will be 10x easier than the hex nuts.

antenna mount holes

If installing the "optional nutplates" are the rivets required to scure nutplates countersunk? If so, flush in or out? I have no antenna at this time so unable to reference. Thanks

Antenna mounting

The bottom outside surface of the fuselage skin should be flat where the antenna is mounted. So the skin should be dimpled and the rivets should be flush with the bottom of the skin.
Joe

I am confused as well, I know of no way to dimple them now except machine countersinking them. The big question to me, is what the heck is the "option" and how to you cover up the center hole if you decide to not exercise the "option". Is part of the ELSA avionics kit using this place to mount an antenna or not?

Comm antenna...

740059941_V3EPt-M.jpg

The antenna is not optional, but the nutplates are. Put in the nutplates, you'll be glad you did.

Tony

I am confused as well, I know of no way to dimple them now except machine countersinking them. The big question to me, is what the heck is the "option" and how to you cover up the center hole if you decide to not exercise the "option". Is part of the ELSA avionics kit using this place to mount an antenna or not?
Don, Here is a cool set of dies that can be used to dimple in places inaccesable to a squeezer. I purchased them from Planetools.com. I like TOOLS!!!

Youi did not send a link, but I looked it up myself, cute tool, I am going to order one today!
Now if someone will lead me to a zero clearance pop rivet puller I will sleep better tonight. I missed a rivet in a blind rivet place, no room to get a squeezer in there now. Bummer!

Don, Here is a cool set of dies that can be used to dimple in places inaccesable to a squeezer. I purchased them from Planetools.com. I like TOOLS!!!

No link...

Since no one published a link, I guess everybody reading this will have to look it up themselves :(.

This is a situation where reading ahead pays off :) We noticed it in advance, and was able to dimple them before the skin was riveted on!

Back