What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 17-03, figure 2 step 3

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
In looking ahead to see when I rivet the 1216B-L to the rib, all I can find is this. The way I understand it, I must leave this part loose until I have the botom skin on, then rivet it to the bottom skin. Indications are in step 3 that this part gets riveted to the rib at that time, but the figure 2 does not exactly point to those holes nor does it specify a rivet. Am I correct to assume the LP4-3 rivets are supposed to be used at this time to rivet it to the rib?

Order of installing rivets

Don,
Figure 2 says LP4-3 Typical, so I think that you are correct. I had written a note on my plans for step 3 saying, "Think ahead so that rivets do not interfere with pulling next rivets." So there is a certain order of pulling rivets that can make this step easier or difficult.
Joe

What bothers me is the thickness here. In other places before it even gets this thick, they recommend LP4-4 rivets. I guess I can research the maximum thickness allowed for the LP4-3.

Back