What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 15o-04, step 6, lfigure 2

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
Something seems way wrong on my drawing or my spar. The figure 2 calls it a Left spar, but the left spar has a narrow angle, no way you could drill those 12 holes in there, but the RIGHT spar has the longer angle and could have the holes called for.. The figure appears to have been mislabled, or Vans riveted the my angles on the wrong spar. What am I missing there?

False Alarm

I figured it out finally, I had the spar what I considered right side up, but it was upside down from the plans.

Are you sure you have them labeled correctly?

If what you say is correct then yes sounds like Vans made a mistake. Although you probably did this, one more time make sure you have labeled the spars correctly left and right. Can you post a few pictures either here or on your blog so we can see it. If it is really wrong contact Vans with the problem and they maybe able to come up with a fix for you.:cool:

I finally got it right, all except for that pesky figure 2. Putting that offset in the mating surfaces defys all good practices. Are we sure that rib don't go on the other side of that angle?

Back