What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oxygen tank pressure test?

kcameron

Well Known Member
I'd like to test the performance of my RV-4 up to 17,500'. I took my Mountain High eds cylinder to the airport shop but they refused to fill it due to it being out of the 5-year pressure test period. I called Mountain High but they said they don't pressure test themselves and would just have to send it somewhere. They suggested trying a local compressed gas shop. I tried two of them. One said they can't do it and the other said it would be at least a month turnaround.
So, any suggestions on where to get this done? I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

Thanks in advance.

kcameron said:
I'd like to test the performance of my RV-4 up to 17,500'. I took my Mountain High eds cylinder to the airport shop but they refused to fill it due to it being out of the 5-year pressure test period. I called Mountain High but they said they don't pressure test themselves and would just have to send it somewhere. They suggested trying a local compressed gas shop. I tried two of them. One said they can't do it and the other said it would be at least a month turnaround.
So, any suggestions on where to get this done? I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

Have you tried Bay Airgas? They did this for me a long time ago.

I hadn't thought of a dive shop. I called Pacific Offshore Divers because it's just a mile or two from my house. They said "no problem!" I'll take it over there tonight and let you all know how it goes.
Thanks again, guys.

I picked up my O2 cylinder today: 1 day turnaround! He said they usually quote a 10-day turnaround for the pressure test. I just got lucky and caught them in a lull.
$30 for the pressure test
$8 for the refill

I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the help.

Back