What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Overhead Console/Rear Air Scat Tubing

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
So I've been thinking about the AeroSport overhead console and some rear NACA vents. One thing I'm not clear about is how the SCAT tubes are going through the bulkhead to meet the overhead console. Anyone able to share photos or how they did it?

You install two NACA scoops through the fuselage in an area behind the bagage bulkhead (one on each side). The scat tubing attach to two flanges (purchased seperatly) that are attached to the bulkhead up in the area behind the overhead console.
Ron

overhead console

I built my own overhead console, but getting the scat tubes to it is the same concept as with the Aerosport unit. I cut oval shape holes through the bulkhead at the rear of the baggage compartment and added doubler to stregthen the area. I also made mine an oval shape and squish the scat tubing to fit. Also I've added booster fans to drive air to the overhead when on the ground. Attached is a link to my picassa photo album detailing this mod.

https://picasaweb.google.com/aviator1964/OverheadFans#

Bob Newman
www.tcwtech.com

Just did it.

I just did it. As described, used the DL-03s riveted to the bulkhead. I used a nice little rubber gasket to seal around the joint between the overhead console and the aft bulkhead. I can email you pix if you like. Not flying yet, but I like the way it worked. The console is very nicely made and Geoff is very helpful with questions.

DL-03s from Van's are it. You will also need something to seal between the OH console and the bulkhead.

Bob

The previous post has a link to the one I used.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Anything protruding forward of that bulkead will interfere with the console when you try to fit the cabin top. This is the only reason why I made them removable but in hindsight you could just pop rivet them in place once the cabin top is istalled.

Here is a link to some more pics with the aerosport controler installed.
RearNACAAndControler

Back