What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Outback SW Qld after lots of rain!

That looks suspiciously like north Texas after a lot of rain. :)

So was the fly buzzing around the windshield "bugging" you? My son giggled every time the fly made an appearance.

Nice video. I have a good friend who moved to Sydney and misses flying badly. Apparently US flight credentials aren't honored in AU. :(

That video was at a place called Dirranbandi, big cotton growing area and it has not been that green for maybe 10-11 years, and yes the fly was just bumming a ride! :)

Apparently your youngster is easily entertained so save heaps on computer games etc and just get a glass jar....download FLY IN JAR V1.0 and enjoy. When that games expires install FLY IN JAR V1.1 or for double the fun install V2.1 ...... hehe :p

As for the USA licence in Oz that is not true. He will need to do exactly the same thing as if I wanted to fly in the USA. He needs to get CASA to issue him a licence based on his current FAA one, maybe do a flight check ride or whatever. If he wants to fly at security controlled aerodromes he will need an ASIC which takes 6 weeks. :rolleyes::confused::mad: and after that he / she is right to go!

Maybe they have spoken to the wrong people....you know how it goes.

Get him to give me a call....check your PM's

Last edited:
Back