What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Out of sequence building

steve wyman

Well Known Member
I thought I would feel out the RV-12 group's feeling on the subject of building out of sequence. I'm sort of in a holding pattern right now ( my new 1271 corner skins don't get here from VANS until Monday and although I found a local source for the MC-CS-1900 firewall sealant, they were out of stock and it won't be here until sometime next week). That means I either stop building for awhile or move on to another section (I was thinking of running my fuel lines, valves and pumps in the meantime). What are your thoughts out there vis-a-vis building within the E-LSA guidelines. Steve

Out of Sequence thoughts

We're doing the same thing, Steve. Our glue from PPG (SP700) is coming tomorrow and our skins won't be here until the 19th. We're doing some of the sub assemblies and we're dimpling parts, deburring, drilling holes, etc until our stuff arrives.
Incidently, where did you get the mc 1900 stuff?
Meade and George

I found the CS-1900 at an aviation repair station at Centennial (KAPA) airport, near my home. The place is called Aviall. By the way, I asked them if they could just drop ship it to my house, and they said the same thing as VANS- no way! I guess the EPA would have a cow. When they get it in next week, I've got to go over and pick it up. Steve

Firewall Sealant and building ahead

I think we have all been stalled by the parts. I built the seat backs and working on the fuel lines. Got the new parts today.

We got the sealant because our local A&P is a really nice guy (EAA and building an RV) and ordered some of it for us. In looking at the parts/plans there will be holes between the corner skins (by the flanges) and the firewall. The A&P said that after putting it all together with the sealant go back and seal any crack/hole/space between the firewall and the cockpit. It has a 90 minute pot time so we got the kind that you mix up in small batches. Haven't done it yet.

Rich

Back