What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Our Trip to Alaska ...

Great pictures. I look forward to the story.

Did you know that the guys who captain the Time Bandit own a farm in northern Indiana not far from you? They spend the summers there.

Great pictures. I look forward to the story.

Did you know that the guys who captain the Time Bandit own a farm in northern Indiana not far from you? They spend the summers there.

I didn't know that ... I didn't even know the Time Bandit home is Homer, AK. Until some locals pointed it out.

It looks like headwinds most of the way there and back. Your average groundspeed was 134.7 MPH (Median speed of 128.4 MPH) with one leg down to 82 MPH and another up to 300 smoke'n MPH. (Grande Praire to Fort St. John,BC 300 miles in one hour, is that correct?)

Great pictures and thanks for keeping us updated on the trip!

It looks like headwinds most of the way there and back. Your average groundspeed was 134.7 MPH (Median speed of 128.4 MPH) with one leg down to 82 MPH and another up to 300 smoke'n MPH. (Grande Praire to Fort St. John,BC 300 miles in one hour, is that correct?)

Great pictures and thanks for keeping us updated on the trip!

all miles are nautical mile

as for the wind ... Most of the time it was 1 to 2 kts tail wind or 25 to 80 kts head wind.

Grande Praire to Fort St. John ... yes!!! the only REAL tail wind we saw.

Chris,
No disrespect intended, but you really need to take more trips with that cute sister of yours. I mean, the aerial pictures were great, but that one of you and your Dad with Santa Claus really pushed the "male bonding" limits... :D

Enjoyed the great pix and looking forward to the write-up. Alaska is one of my "bucket list" to-do's.

Regards,

Just another note:

when looking at the trip spread sheet, we record time from engine start - until engine stop.

Since we flew alot IFR ... time includes; clearance delivery, holds (only had two), and flying the approach.

Distance is striaght line airport to airport.

Chris,
No disrespect intended, but you really need to take more trips with that cute sister of yours. I mean, the aerial pictures were great, but that one of you and your Dad with Santa Claus really pushed the "male bonding" limits... :D

Enjoyed the great pix and looking forward to the write-up. Alaska is one of my "bucket list" to-do's.

Regards,

hey thats my younger sister!

LOL - "but you really need to take more trips with that cute sister of yours." - You know i've heard that many times before.

Last edited:
Back