What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OT--sort of: Take a look at this table saw--amazing

Every high school wood shop should have one.... if they still have wood shops in high schools.

I'm sitting five feet from one. You don't want to demo it to friends due to the cost of the breaker that pops. !!!! but it's tempting. great table saw.

Ummm, interesting story here...

We have one at school. I was planning on using it to cut some aluminum angle. Well, as soon as the AL hit the blade, WHAM!!!

Yup, it works!

The whole thing works on the principle of electricity and to make a long story short... AL is conductive.

I didn't have to pay the $90 bux for the replacement parts, but I did feel kinda stupid because I knew how it worked (having wired it) and totally overlooked the principle of operation!

Not worth the TEN GRAND!!!

The only REAL safety is between your EARS!!!

:cool: CJ

This drawing shows the changes in the electrical signal when a finger touched the teeth of a spinning saw blade during an actual test.

Could you imagine being at that test? "You stick your finger in it." "No YOU stick YOUR finger in it!"

Even having seen it demonstrated, I don't think I could do it!

I'm sitting five feet from one. You don't want to demo it to friends due to the cost of the breaker that pops. !!!! but it's tempting. great table saw.

We also have one at work. It's been set off several times...never by anyones anatomy though. We have a roller table on the outfeed end and one day I pulled the scrap piece back toward me and the good piece hit the "kickback" grippers and set it off. Since then, I'm reaaaaal carefull when I use it. The blade makes a really cool wave pattern on the brake when it stops the blade, but dosen't harm the blade. Cool:cool:

I found out what blade guards are for

You can never win an argument with a table saw...
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh, that video is WAY cool...and this really isn't that far Off Topic - my table saw was an essential part of my airplane shop - where else would I have put all of my fiberglass work! (Oh, there's a saw under there? I just thought it was a nice work bench...:))

Back