What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH’24 Field Reports (PIREPs / News / Pics .... post your OSH reports here!)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Attn: VAF 'Reporters in the Field'!

Well, it’s that time of year again! If you’re at the show, and you feel like posting a note on what you’re seeing, who you’re visiting with, what news you’re picking up, please consider sharing it with us in this thread.

You can upload up to 10 pictures in each reply, and you can do it all from your phone, standing barefoot in a field in your boxer shorts. :)

Hope everybody has a wonderful time, and looking forward to reading all the reports .

v/r,dr

Last edited:
Grounds have dried out pretty good. As of yesterday Scholler was filling up nicely, more folks there already than last year at this time. Aircraft camping (HBC and N40, and Vintage) not so much. Lots of spots still open compared to last year. Yesterday was eerily quiet considering the weather was nearly perfect. So we maybe be in for a ton of arrivals today…….

Definitely filling up. one picture is when I dropped off the camper on 6/29, the other is 7/20 when we got back from the show

Attachments

• IMG_1730.jpeg
    IMG_1730.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1711.jpeg
    IMG_1711.jpeg
    877.4 KB · Views: 87
Talked to Greg this am at the booth, he confirmed that they will allow limited deletions from the finishing kits only.

Also Vans is no longer involved with the integrated LED wingtips from AeroLEDs. It’s their product now and must be ordered through them directly. Ryan Edmark from AeroLEDs confirmed that they plan to start selling and shipping the wingtips for RV-7/8/9 models in the next few months. $4250 for the set.

And one last thing, Wheelen just acquired AeroLEDs and will operate the two companies separately for the next year or so but eventually AeroLEDs will be folded into the Wheelen business.

Also this was advertised at the Bede booth of all places:IMG_7830.jpeg

YIO-360 engine with two blade aluminum Hartzel prop for 40k. He didn’t know what model prop it was but the engine and prop are located in Akron, OH attached to an airframe that already has a buyer but the buyer apparently does not want the engine or prop just the air frame. Sounds a little weird, but it sounds like they are waiting on the seller to decide if he wants to sell the engine and prop separately or try to sell it all is one complete aircraft. Could be a killer deal for somebody out there!

Last edited:
I was trying to think of adjectives to describe the current status of the campground (Scholler).
It's a zoo of chaos & pandemonium but wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.
P.S. the beer fest was generously supplied with social lubricants & nice to see the usual suspects, meet new RV friends and share adventurous stories

I have flown into Kosh in my 9a 5 times and camped where they stuck all the rvs. This year camping in Camp S 400 miles back in our motorhome.
I have a buddy that came in with his Mooney to camp. He is parked a few rows back from the flight line, south of the ultralight run way. I have to say that is 500x better than anything I have ever experience where they pack the RV's. A lot less of the non aviation type public roaming through your area/tent area, ultralights 100' over you head landing. Amazing view of arrivals and demo flights, airshow etc and fantastic shower, bathroom and even food places right there, no epic hikes needed. Last night he was sending pics of the balloon launches. Truly AMAZING. Might have to buy an old mooney to be able to experience that.... it is just magical down there. Cant think of a better spot to be if camping by your plane and you want to just be 100% immersed in aviation experiences. Even if feet are dead tired and you want to chill at your site..you wont miss a thing.

I have flown into Kosh in my 9a 5 times and camped where they stuck all the rvs. This year camping in Camp S 400 miles back in our motorhome.
I have a buddy that came in with his Mooney to camp. He is parked a few rows back from the flight line, south of the ultralight run way. I have to say that is 500x better than anything I have ever experience where they pack the RV's. A lot less of the non aviation type public roaming through your area/tent area, ultralights 100' over you head landing. Amazing view of arrivals and demo flights, airshow etc and fantastic shower, bathroom and even food places right there, no epic hikes needed. Last night he was sending pics of the balloon launches. Truly AMAZING. Might have to buy an old mooney to be able to experience that.... it is just magical down there. Cant think of a better spot to be if camping by your plane and you want to just be 100% immersed in aviation experiences. Even if feet are dead tired and you want to chill at your site..you wont miss a thing.
May be people should get the GAC sign even for RV.

Back