What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Organizing IFR avionics bay

Larry KMYA

Patron
Received my Advanced Flight avionics including Avidyne 540, ACM, ADSB, EMS, Transponder, backup battery, remote Com, and Audio modules. The latter three are in the “glove box” but I’m struggling to determine the optimal placement for the others. Advanced has not provided specifics. The 540 blocks harnesses from pass easily from R to L. Seems most will have to come from the underside to the L side. Thinking of adding a horizontal tray to the bottom of the panel forward.

Any thoughts or photos would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7728.jpeg
    IMG_7728.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7727.jpeg
    IMG_7727.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7729.jpeg
    IMG_7729.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
Received my Advanced Flight avionics including Avidyne 540, ACM, ADSB, EMS, Transponder, backup battery, remote Com, and Audio modules. The latter three are in the “glove box” but I’m struggling to determine the optimal placement for the others. Advanced has not provided specifics. The 540 blocks harnesses from pass easily from R to L. Seems most will have to come from the underside to the L side. Thinking of adding a horizontal tray to the bottom of the panel forward.

Any thoughts or photos would be appreciated!
Many of us have added drop down trays that go from the panel the fwd bulkhead. Works well. I'll try and find pics when I'm home.

P.S. Do you have the knob module? Your gonna want that for IFR work in my opinion.

Back