What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Orders placed today!

JetMech72

I ordered a tool kit from Isham at PlaneTools this morning, followed by faxing in an order for the empennage kit.

It has begun.

:D

Congratulations!

Me too! Have to fax to Van's tomorrow, though. I guess it's time to figure out what all the hubub is all about! :D

I also ordered the practice kit today (I already have the toolbox kit).

So now I wait.

The tools should be here before long and the kits will help me kill time until the emp arrives.

Let the games begin!
:p

Here we go again

Two more addicts to the group. Congratulations! Do you know that the RV Fever is not curable?

Please post your progress.

Ishams tool kit is fantastic, a Few things you will want to add tho are,

Back rivet plate,
The Swivel Head flush head thingamajiger for the rivet gun is a life saver,
Adjustable set for the squeezer saves you alot of time

have fun!!
-david

Welcome to the party

Congratulations on taking the first step. Alway keep your head in the game, the fun is just starting but you will run into slow periods. I took the advice of Wally Anderson of Synergy Air, every day do something related to the project even if that is just reading this forum, or a magazine about a destination you want to fly your airplane too.

Cheers

Ishams tool kit is fantastic, a Few things you will want to add tho are,

Back rivet plate,
The Swivel Head flush head thingamajiger for the rivet gun is a life saver,
Adjustable set for the squeezer saves you alot of time

have fun!!
-david

I added a few things to the kit, including the swivel head. I wasn't sure about anything else, but the plate and adjustable set will be in the next batch of tools.

Order the tungsten bar. Probably the best money you will spend on tools!

One question, are you going to build a jet powered RV? :D

+1 , agreed on the tungsten bar

I've had no reason to take the other bars from the box since I got the tugsten bar. I like to sleeve mine with small diameter inner tube scraps from the bike store junk pile... a butt-load better for protecting parts than duct tape and plenty of grip without the sticky goo mess

Order the tungsten bar. Probably the best money you will spend on tools!

One question, are you going to build a jet powered RV? :D

I gotta stop drinking (Coke) while reading the forums...I almost choked when I read that...:p

I did order the tungsten bar with the kit.

One more thing...

If your tool budget allows, consider getting the "Main Squeeze" from Cleveland Tools. A bit pricey, but it is worth it when hand squeezing rivets. I have better control using it over the pneumatic squeezer included in the toolkit and my arms don't get tired. (IMHO).

Congrats on taking the plunge. That first step is the first of many while on this journey. Enjoy the ride.

Back