What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ordered the Preview Plans...

Aggie98

I ordered the preview plans for the -7 over a week ago (8/25) via the Van's Web Store and the order still not has been shipped or billed to my CC. How long should I wait until I call to see what is going on?

No confirmation from Van's?

Did you get an e-mail order confirmation? Did you get a confirmation number at the time of ordering? I am sure that with this weekend being the homecoming that they may be very busy. I would check with them on Tuesday myself. Good luck.

Vans Shipping Dept

Mickey, first, congratulations on the step forward. You will soon learn that the shipping department at Vans is extremely slow. Most orders placed will not even ship for 3-4 days. Expect to wait a week after that for your order to arrive. I'm waiting on an order I placed last Wednesday (10 days ago).

They won't charge your CC until the order ships. The trade-off is that Vans has the best prices on most everything you will need.

Good to see another Aggie going RVing!

Class of 81

Pony express?

I ordered some "replacement" parts from Van's on Tuesday. I figured with two-day shipping, I would have them in time for the 4-day weekend. (I took Friday off too). Silly me. The parts are supposed to arrive on Tuesday now. I guess UPS holds up their end of the deal on the 2 days, but you have to get Vans to actually pull the order in a reasonable amount of time for that to mean anything.

Lessons learned here...
  1. Be patient
  2. Don't pay for expedited shipping when ordering from Van's
  3. Work on other parts until the new ones arrive.
I'm in Fort Worth also, so if you want to take a look at the Empennage in progress, let me know.

Back