What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ordered My Finishing Kit!

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
I still have a fair amount of work to finish up the fuselage, but with a minimum 2 month lead time I figured it was a good idea to go ahead and order the finishing kit for my 6A. Slider canopy of course since it is 10x cooler :D

I still don't have an engine lined up, but I am going with the O-360, now I just need to find one...haha. I went back and forth quite a bit on engine selection but decided that the extra HP would better fit my mission which will include a lot of flights from high density-altitude airports at gross.

I am planning a Catto prop for now since the CS is beyond my budget. The lighter prop will counter a bit of the engine weight gain vs a CS.

Good decision Colin....

...we did the same thing on our -6A....an 0-360 and a Catto. I would advise that you go with a two-blade rather than a three-blade. It's almost impossible to get the lower cowl off without scratching the lower two blades of the prop.

Best,

...we did the same thing on our -6A....an 0-360 and a Catto. I would advise that you go with a two-blade rather than a three-blade. It's almost impossible to get the lower cowl off without scratching the lower two blades of the prop.

Best,

I've heard that about the three blade, while it does look nice, I'll have to go with the two blade.

Back