What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Order Confirmation

JohnF

Well Known Member
I sent a check to Van's for the RV-12 tail kit but have not received any confirmation that they received it. I sent them an email asking to just acknowledge that they received it but didn't get a response. What was your experience after sending in you order? - I have no concern about Van's but the US mail system is so lousy that I cannot be sure my check ever to to them. I guess I'll have to telephone them Monday. How did it work for you?

I sent a check to Van's for the RV-12 tail kit but have not received any confirmation that they received it. [...] How did it work for you?
I've done my orders with fax and credit card. Unless you request or contact them for the info, they'll eventually send you some papers. That can and has taken some time (even weeks).

I understand well that when sending a lot of money with check or sending fax somewhere with credit card numbers it would be very nice to get some sort of confirmation that the order is on queue even how long it would actually take to sent the order. In case something went wrong (especially not with Van's) check lost in mail or fax sent to wrong number to solve problem it would be essential to know it right away. :rolleyes:

one word

Patience.

That's my experience with Vans.
If you sent them a check, then followed later with an email asking about your money or order, they are lookiing for it also.
I'll bet, you'll get a response to your email soon.

The weather conditions here in Van's Aircraft country has been pretty pretty bad (It is snowing like crazy today) for the passed week. They person(s) that would be handling an E-mail response to you may not have even been there when your order was received.

Good question John, and Welcome to VAF.

Not much to add except be patient. The tail kits are shipping in 3 weeks. Wait a week then call Barb or Anne for a shipping date, they are the "best of the best".

The kit is worth the wait.

Last edited:
Back