What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Operating Handbook ?

H_Pham

I own and fly a Cessna 152, so the Experimental world is totally new to me. When you build from a kit, does the kit manufacturer provide something equivalent to an Operating Handbook, giving Load/CG Table, Fuel Burn Table, Takeoff Distance Table, etc? Or you're on your own to explore and find out by trials and errors?

Since you put this on the RV-12 list, I assume that you are talking about experimental light-sport. In the case of an ELSA kit, the kit manufacturer must supply you with aircraft operating instructions.
On experimental amateur-built, you will be issued a set of operating limitations which will tell you basically what you can or cannot do, but you must develop your particular performance envelope yourself.

Thanks, Mel. My question pertains to the RV-12. It's good that Vans will supply the operating manual. I think I can build a -12 and do the initial test flights, but Burt Rutan I'm not. ;)

Handbook

Yes...Vans provides a nice small hardbound, three-ring book with everything you would find in a certified OH.

Back