What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oops #1 (more to follow)

tim.randles

Well I just managed to make the first of what I'm sure will be many mistakes. When drilling the front flange rivet holes in the right-side HS405 I screwed up and swapped the edge distances (drilled top hole to bottom hole offset and vice versa). I assume that I'll be calling Van's on Monday to order a new HS405, but I wanted to check first and make sure that it can't be saved. Any suggestions?

If you are drilling the 710 down into the 405, then don't worry about about the edge distance on the HS405. It is critical to mantain minimum distance on the 710 - the 405 can be right on the edge. My 405 to 404 holes have good edge distance, and my 405 to 714 holes are both good, but my 710 to 405 holes are about .17 from center to edge on the HS405 - Van's said no problem. How is the edge distance on your 714 and 710?

Last edited:
I decided to just order a new 405. It was only $20 and I got to experience the crazy-fast Vans order fulfillment system. Ordered on the 10th, shipped on the 12th and was waiting for me when I got home last night (15th)! :eek:

Back