What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Only took me nine months...

cjensen

Well Known Member
4-17-11w.jpg

As I was descending in to the pattern at Pekin, IL this morning, that ticked over to finish Phase I!! Now if only my wife were in town to get her ride...everyone else is waiting for her now!

Came back to Bloomington with 40.5 on the Hobbs, and I de-cowled to inspect everything to make sure there's nothing unusual lurking prior to start giving rides. All looks great, so as soon as she is home, and we get a good evening this week, WE will go flying!!

:cool:

Last edited:
...and it begins...

Congratulations on completing Phase One! Now the real fun begins. I made a special effort to take every single person who helped me build, cheered me along, or gave me any encouragement for at least one flight. In my first year, I gave rides to 44 people.

Enjoy the ride! Hope to see you around.

Last edited:
Chad,
Congrulations on your flyoff. I can not wait till the day I can say exactly what you did..... She's done.

you have a great web site also.

Thanks
Smilin' Jack

Congrats

Good Job Chad. 9 months...hmmm. In Canada we have to fly just 25. I am trying to figure out if I can blow that by in about 4-6 weeks. Will see. Enjoy your flying.

Watched your video. Looks like your wife was enjoying the flight. That's always a plus!

What's the antenna on the dash? It looks like an inverted transponder antenna.

Yeah, she really did. It was a perfect overcast smooth flight...

That antenna is a transponder antenna, used for my Monroy traffic detector.

Over my house

Awesome Chad!

Congrats on the 40! I wondered if you had Brittne with you last night. I got a couple of pics, they are much better than the first attempt ;) Looking through the view finder I couldn't tell if you were alone or not. I was actually in the shop working on my airplane when you flew over the first time.

I will say though, I think my success rate would be better if you flew over at say maybe 80 to 90 knots instead of 160 knots. Not that 160 knots is not super cool to watch, I just think it would aid in my absolutely beginner photography skills producing a better picture. ;)

Way to go Chad...still don't see how you tricked her into marrying you!

Fruity beers for everyone!!!:p

V-E-R-Y cool. VERY.

Way to go, Chad!! I'll be watching overhead for you and Brit on some of these nice sunny Spring days. (I'm assuming we'll see some sunny days soon. ;)). Seeing you fly Brittany in the Seven is added incentive for my wrap-up work on my Nine-A !!

Terry

Dude!!!!

9 MONTHS????

Immediately submit your "Man card," your "VAF Man card," and your "RV BBQ Man card." Must be a new record for the 40 hour!!! Embarrassing:cool:

Congrats!!!!! Glad to see you got it done and you got your wife up. Now the fun begins and you can enjoy the RV for how it was meant to be used.

Excellent job. Look forward to seeing you at Oshkosh!!!

9 MONTHS????

Immediately submit your "Man card," your "VAF Man card," and your "RV BBQ Man card." Must be a new record for the 40 hour!!! Embarrassing:cool:

Coming from anyone else, I'd take offense to that! ;) Time, money, weather...lets see...what else can I excuse??? :D

Congrats!!!!! Glad to see you got it done and you got your wife up. Now the fun begins and you can enjoy the RV for how it was meant to be used.

Excellent job. Look forward to seeing you at Oshkosh!!!

It was a great day, and she really enjoyed the flight!

Looking forward to seeing you as well! :cool:

Wow, that just made me smile, watching your video. All that work and to share it with the woman you love is such a moment of triumph.

As much as it is my plane its really something my partner and I are experiencing. And to think that at one stage she will ride next to me with that look of happiness that your wife has makes me totally inspired.

Outstanding work.

GB

Also, I too am a average looking man with a "way too good looking" other half. When ever a friend says to me how did you end up with her I pull him aside and say "Shut-up, if she realises how cute she is she will be outa here in minutes"

2nd Longest

Chad,

You did it.

I am #2 with 5 months. WTH it is flyin and flyin good.

Congrats,

Beer TIME

Back