What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

One Year Later - I'm an addict

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Today marks the one year start of my RV-10 project's first cut. I opted to do everything via standard/slow build as I really enjoy the assembly and fabrication process - well, most days I do.

Yesterday I finished the flap control system and am now ready to move onto fitting the canopy top. My job gives me a lot of flexibility and while I travel a lot, my spouse greatly supports my new hobby and often encourages me to go work on the plane. Well, she does want her parking spot back, but it's all the same goal here right? I would say 50% of my total time out of the year is devoted to the build.

I can't imagine what the build process would be like without the information and assistance of the members of this forum. I am a donor to VAF and definitely aim to keep it that way. Van's may provide definitive answers, but they often don't have the best answer or even other options available.

I just put together a quick mock up of the interior for the family and friends coming over today with some of Aerosport Products interior items and am I as psyched as ever to get up in the air. My goal at this point is to be busting holes in the sky next fall.

http://myrv10factory.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/monumental-day/#

Wow..that's fast work. Congrats on your interest, skills, and progress...when you get it flying, why not come to NorCal and help a guy with his RV-9A :D

Looking good!

Congrats on your milestone! That's cool that you started it on a holiday, you'll never forget the date.
Nice website too; looks like you are making good progress!

No priming ?

You will be flying before you know it Mark. I see you don't prime did you read endless debates? :) Keep the speed without rush.

I read extensively on the primer issue. I wound up priming a lot of the flight control services were inspection and remediation is somewhat limited. In other areas I primed only those areas specifically called out for (angles, steel, etc...).

Back