What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

One step forward, 2 steps back (instruments and wiring)

Pilottonny

Well Known Member
Today I finished installing my instruments and wiring. Well??. finished???when I get all the instruments back to reinstall and test!

1) I am currently tracking the ADI Pilot II Autopilot, that is on its way back from TruTrak, for the second time. This time it got repaired from some strange behavior. According to Marcus, he had to replace the indicator motor and some chips. The ?pitch-up problem? when keying the mike, has not been resolved yet. But I have good faith in Trutrak, since they have been very helpful so far.

2) The CO-Guardian will have to go back, because the middle LED of the one digit display does not work (an 8 looks like a 0). It is still under warranty, so it?s a matter of packing it up, sending it back and waiting for the new one to arrive. But this is all a bit more difficult when it has to go international!

3) Today, when I was taking the Dynon EMS 120 out of the panel, the long screw, that sticks out the back and attaches the unit to the tray, broke through the front of the black aluminum frame! So that needs to be replaced.

I want to disassemble the panel to paint it and take it to the printer to have it silk screened . In the meanwhile I would install the front deck. But that will have to wait till the problem with the Trutrak is sorted, in case I have to change some of the wiring. That would be really difficult with the front deck installed.

After that I will install the windscreen and than????.. yeah!! The ENGINE will be hung!

Someday it will be finished though. :cool:

Regards, Tonny.

Back