What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

One more 7/7A build started in Stafford, VA

Lou

Good morning fellow RV'ers. It feels great to say that, after contemplating the build or not to build issue for several years. Ordered my tail on Monday and it arrived in Virginia on Thursday. I'm taking the advice from previous posts and removing all of the blue protective film and crayon like markings to avoid any potential corrosion issues. This will be a Very Slow Build (VSB) 7/7A. That will buy me a little more time to figure out the "nose dragger", "tail dragger" route as well as the "tip it" or "slide it" canopy configuration. :confused:

From what I have seen on the web sites and read on these posts you all seem like a great bunch of folks and I look forward to joining the ranks of the RV community. :)

The trip starts with the first step

Hi , Mine VAF and build sites for tips. I find that looking at others sites before doing something or when I'm not sure helps a lot. I don't know about the blue stuff thingy, I scratch up sheet a lot more if i have removed the blue plastic while working it. I think It's better to leave it on till done with the part then remove it. Gene

Hey Lou...

Welcome to our world.
I live in NC, but will visit friends this summer in the Stafford area. If you haven't been up in an RV yet, I can give you a hop out of Shannon, or that new airport out there off of 95 I haven't been into yet.

Regards,
Chris

Stafford Visit

Thanks for the invite Chris. That sounds great. Stafford regional is just around the corner and Shannon is only 15 minutes beyond that. Which ever is better for you. If things work out with our schedules and it doesn't mess up your visit I would appreciate the chance to check out your -9. I'm sure I'll have a million "how'd you do this or that" questions on the build process by then.

Take care,
Lou

Back